Men’s 10K 2020
30th August 2020
Men’s 10K 2020
- The first Men’s 10K took place in Glasgow in 2004,
- Originally started by the Men’s Health Forum Scotland as a focal point for raising awareness of men’s health issues.
- The event continues to help thousands of guys on their journey to becoming a fitter, healthier and happier person.
- Men’s 10K events take place in both Glasgow & Edinburgh, and we want YOU to come along and take part.
- Maybe you’ve not done any exercise in a while and need a goal to motivate you, maybe you want to challenge your mates, or maybe you want to raise some cash for a worthwhile cause
- Whatever your reason, the Men’s 10K is the perfect opportunity for you to lace up those trainers and make a difference, either to your own life or someone else’s.
Sunday 30th August 2020, 10am
- On the go since 2004, the Men’s 10K Glasgow has firmly set itself as THE RUN for men in the west. The life expectancy of a man in Scotland is, shockingly, still the lowest in the UK.
- Suicide, in addition to other mental health problems, continues to be an issue of high significance to men in Scotland.
- Suicide is the biggest killer of young people (18-34) in Scotland and almost three out of four suicides are by men. Our aim is to help change this, little by little – and the Men’s 10K is how we are doing it!
- Date: Sunday 30th August 2020
- Start time: 10am
- Age: 15 years and over
COME TOGETHER FOR MEN’S HEALTH, YOUR EVOLUTION. YOUR DESTINY. YOU DECIDE.
MEN’S 10K EVENT BUS SERVICE
An event bus service will operate throughout the event for runners and spectators between Riverside Museum (Start) and George Square (Finish). For the best price tickets, please purchase in advance from our online shop. There may be some tickets available for purchase on the day of the event however these will be significantly more expensive.
It is in your best interests to get the earliest bus possible as this will reduce crowding and waiting time.Have a question about the event buses? It might be answered in our FAQs!Want more information about road closures around event day? Sign up to our road closures mailing list here.
- Car parking is available at Riverside Museum (Start) for runners and spectators.
- From the M8 motorway, take Junction 19 and travel west bound along the Clydeside Expressway (A814) for about one mile to Pointhouse road. Then turn left into the Riverside Car Park area.
- Please note that it is a Pay & Display car park, £1.60 for one hour (4 hour maximum stay).
- There is also a Pay & Display car park at Kelvin Hall, Bunhouse Road that’s only a 15 minute signposted walk to Riverside.
- Please park with consideration to local residents, ensuring that you do not block driveways or cause congestion.
- *NB the SPT service starts after 10:00 am on Sundays so this will NOT be a suitable mode of transport to get you to the start line in time. However, it is a good option to get you back to the Riverside Museum from George Square after your run.
- Check out the SPT Bus timetable here: http://www.spt.co.uk/bus/timetables/.
- First Group operate many buses that service Ingram Street which is a few minutes walk from the finish at George Square. Find out more: https://www.firstgroup.com/greater-glasgow.
- McGill’s buses 901, 906, 907 and X7 also run to Buchanan Street Bus Station.
- Find out more: http://www.mcgillsbuses.co.uk/default.aspx.
- Patrick Train Station is 10 minute walk from Riverside Museum (Start)
- Glasgow Queen Street Station is a 2 minute walk from George Square (Finish)
Make sure to email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you’ve signed up. We’ll provide you with a t-shirt to run and train in, help setting up sponsor pages and lots of support!