- This event has passed.
Conference: Hope for Home Study Day, Dementia End of Life Care at Home: Bereavement and Loss
8th October 2019 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
About Hope for Home
Hope for Home’s work to date has included funding the key publication ‘Dementia Enabled Hospice Care’, part of Hospice UK’s national commission, the development and delivery of innovative projects across the UK that champion the development of compassionate communities, supporting families caring for people with advanced dementia in their home and support through a telephone helpline and free advice and support for organisations that seek to support carers of people with dementia living in their home.
Study Day Event
Dementia End of Life Care at Home: Bereavement and Loss
- As the result of an exciting partnership between Hope for Home, Ardgowan Hospice and Campbell Snowdon Care Home we invite you to join us for a study day which will bring together a diverse group of people with an interest in dementia and end of life care, including opinion leaders, academics, clinical practitioners, community development experts and family carers.
- The day will report on developing and established research, explore innovative projects, and facilitate the sharing of ideas and views in consideration of some of the key challenges and opportunities to be faced in the next 5 years.
- This is a day which will have wide appeal to anyone concerned with the care of people with dementia and/or who is interested in end of life and bereavement care.
- 8th October 2019
- 10.00 am – 4.00 pm
- Venue: Broomhill Gardens, 46 Mearns Street, Greenock. PA15 4QD
- Cost for study day, lunch and refreshments: £25 – tickets available through form at the foot of this page (please note that online tickets have now closed, if you do not have a ticket there may still be limited availability – please contact Anne Rae or Karen Brown on 01475 726830) (subsidised by Host organisations)
- For programme or other enquiries please email email@example.com
- Programme: Click here to see the running order.
- Nikki Archer
- Professor Harriet Gross
- Dr Karen Watchman
- Jim Melville
- Reverend Jonathan Croucher
- Nicola Kendall
- Joanie Spears
- Sheena MacFarlane OBE
Transport links to Greenock
Greenock is just 45 minutes away from Glasgow and is easily accessible through a wide range of public transport options.
- Greenock is serviced by several train stations, with trains running frequently to and from Glasgow Central. The Gourock/Inverclyde line stops at Greenock West (5 min. walk from Ardgowan Hospice) and Greenock Central. Additionally, the Wemyss Bay line stops at Drumfrochar station which is a short walk to and from the Broomhill Gardens venue. Follow this link for service updates and timetables:
- From Glasgow, follow the M8/A8 westbound. Signs for Greenock are frequent and the road passes through the heart of the town.
- There are frequent passenger only sailings between Dunoon & Kilcreggan and Gourock pier. There is a car ferry service between Dunoon and McInroy’s Point in Gourock. Follow these links for service updates and timetables:
- McGill’s operate services between Buchanan Street Bus Station in Glasgow and Largs via Greenock. Look for the 901/906 services. Follow this link for service updates and timetables:
Glasgow Airport is our nearest airport. There are frequent buses to Glasgow or Paisley where trains can be boarded to Greenock. From Glasgow Prestwick Airport, visitors can get a train to Paisley/Glasgow and on to Greenock.
- ABC Taxis: 01475 888888
- Inverclyde Taxis: 01475 734563
- Castle Levan B&B: book your stay
- Foresters House: book your stay
- Gleddoch Hotel: book your stay
- Holiday Inn Greenock: book your stay
- Ingliston Hotel: book your stay
- Inverkip Hotel: book your stay
- Premier Inn Greenock: book your stay
- Spinaker Hotel: book your stay
- The Waterfront: book your stay
- Tontine Hotel: book your stay
- The above is a small mix of the locations and price ranges available throughout Inverclyde.
Local entertainment/leisure facilities include:
- Waterfront Cinema
- Waterfront Leisure Complex (gym, swimming pool, ice rink)
- and many golf courses, public parks and walks.
See some of the dining options Inverclyde has to offer:
(please note that online tickets have now closed, if you do not have a ticket there may still be limited availability – please contact Anne Rae or Karen Brown on 01475 726830)