- This event has passed.
Loch Ness Marathon 2019
6th October 2019
LOCH NESS MARATHON 2019
- The Baxters Loch Ness Marathon is quite possibly one of the most stunning marathons in the world.
- With spectacular scenery, fantastic atmosphere and a truly memorable experience
- It’s no wonder it was voted in the top 10 UK marathons by Runner’s World readers in 2016
- It is on the bucket list for many runners from around the world.
- The Loch Ness Marathon follows a spectacular point-to-point route alongside world famous Loch Ness
- starting in an atmospheric moorland setting and continues through stunning Highland scenery, taking you along the south-eastern shores of Loch Ness, across the River Ness, to finish in Inverness, capital city of the Highlands.
- Why not make a Highland weekend of it
- Come with family or friends?
- There’s plenty to entertain runners and spectators over the weekend with a free Sports Expo, Baxters Food & Drink Fayre, live music, kids’ activities and a Wee Nessie for under-5s.
Baxters Loch Ness Marathon & Festival of Running 2018 Official Film
COMMENTS OF PREVIOUS EVENT
- “Breathtakingly beautiful”
- “friendly atmosphere”
- “flawless organisation”
- “felt like a festival not just a race”
- Date: 6th October 2019
- Time:10.00 am
- Price: From £52.00
- Age: 18 years or over
- Finisher’s technical t-shirt
- Finisher’s medal
- Goody bag
- Post-race food
- Electronic timing
- Downloadable finisher’s certificate
- Water and HIGH5 hydration stations along the route
- HIGH5 feed stations along the route
- Coach transport to marathon start
- Baggage transfer from start to finish
- Fantastic Festival at the finish
IMPORTANT RACE INFORMATION
Please click on the links below to find important race information for your race.
Don’t forget answers to the most commonly asked questions by runners can be found in our FAQ.
WHY LOCH NESS?
Runners at the Baxters Loch Ness Marathon are taking on the challenge for many reasons: to achieve their own personal goals, raise money for good causes or simply to run one of the UK’s most popular marathons renowned for its scenery, atmosphere and warm Highland welcome.
Baxters Loch Ness Marathon – A Sneak Peak at the Marathon Route
The Marathon will start on the high ground between Fort Augustus and Foyers (B862) and will drop down to the banks of Loch Ness at Foyers (B852). From there, the route follows the loch’s south eastern shore, heading north east towards Dores on the northern tip of the loch. From Dores, the race heads directly into the centre of Inverness (B862), turning left over the main road bridge and left again for the last half mile along the River Ness to the finish at Bught Park in the centre of Inverness.
Baxters Loch Ness Marathon & Festival of Running 2017 Official Film
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 0844 875 1411*
Loch Ness Marathon
PO Box 26
Muir of Ord
Loch Ness Marathon Ltd
Cradlehall Business Park
- Make sure to email email@example.com to let us know you’ve signed up.
- We’ll provide you with a t-shirt to run and train in, help setting up sponsor pages and lots of support!