We can help to improve your quality of life in a variety of settings – either at home, other places of care, as an outpatient at a clinic or at the hospice day support service. A full list is shown below.
However sometimes you may need more specialist support from our team and may benefit from an admission to the hospice.
Short stays in the in-patient unit can give us the opportunity to assess complex issues more easily. This allows us to put support in place and monitor the effect of the treatment more closely than if you were at home. The aim is that you will feel better as your symptoms will be more manageable, allowing you to have a better quality of life.
We can support you at the Hospice
- In Patient Unit.
- If you choose to attend our Day Hospice.
- Drop In Support is available at any time for you, your family or carers.
- Outpatient Clinics at the Hospice are run by our specialist medical team.
Where our specialist team can help to assess your needs:
- At Clinics in Inverclyde Royal Hospital.
- During ward visits if you are an in-patient at Inverclyde Royal Hospital.
- And we can take you to and from vital hospital appointments using our Free Patient transport service.
At Local Health Centres
- Supportive Care Clinics offer a more local venue which may be easier for you to attend.
In the Community
- The Ardgowan Community Nurse Specialist Team can visit patients, their families and carers in their homes or in their place of residence. Alternatively, we can offer telephone or video consultation if preferred.